Concluding Aldo's Visit (part III)

Aldo and Elena's south Florida vacation lasted one week, during which time they visited Aldo's brother and enjoyed the sun, food, and Key West ambiance.  I would spend the week telling anyone who would listen, whether they wanted to or not, about Aldo Drudi's visit and my future Drudi Performance, Drudi-designed, race helmet.

Aldo and Elena returned on the Multistada right on schedule.  The bike was immaculate.  Aldo was concerned the fuel level was too low and tried to take the bike back out to fill the tank.

Aldo and Elena with their Multistrada and the Ducati Forza truck

Luckily, my dad, Eric, was there with me this time to help convince him to relinquish the keys and come back to the shop for a farewell expresso (in Ducati expresso cups, of course) and a chance for him to sign some helmets sporting the Drudi Performance insignia and his designs.

Me, Aldo Drudi, and my dad, Eric

Aldo was very gracious with signing the helmets, even if he couldn't figure out why we all laughed as he insisted he wasn't famous enough to give an autograph worth having!


The next day, my son, Nicholas, and I drove to the hotel to pick up Aldo and Elena for their return trip to the airport and home to Italy.  It was, as expected, a good drive to the airport.  Aldo and Elena were a genuine and gracious on their departure as upon their arrival, and we chatted about silly politicians (always good to know that the U.S. doesn't have a monopoly on legislative absurdity), and south Florida driving.

Although, both Aldo and I were somewhat confused when Nicholas, when asked if he might be planning to become the next Valentino Rossi, responded that he would be starting Supermoto this year.  Um, really, Nico?  Ever going to tell your parents this?

Oh, and Aldo Drudi invited me and my family to Italy.  Even better than the helmet!

Truly wonderful, great people.

George